To Volunteer

or to Contribute:

(570) 805-4555

To make a monetary donation:

How Does My Donation Help?


With your help, the American Cancer Society is saving lives that might otherwise be lost to cancer. We are extremely committed to our obligation to spend donor dollars wisely. Here’s a glimpse at how your donations help save lives every day.


Here's How We Help People

Stay Well

  • Our latest landmark research initiative, Cancer Prevention Study-3, will help us better understand what causes cancer and how to prevent it.
  • Our Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines are used to illustrate how weight, nutrition and activity affect cancer risk.
  • Our CHANGE grants provide thousands of screenings to people in under-served communities to combat health disparities.

Get Well

  • In 2014, we provided free lodging at our Hope Lodge® facilities for nearly 44,000 patients and their caregivers who must travel to treatment.
  • Cancer Information Specialists provided free information and advice to nearly 800,000 callers (800-227-2345) in 2014.
  • 61 million people came to for credible, compelling cancer and health-related information last year.

Find Cures

  • 47 Society-funded researchers have won the Nobel Prize, the highest accolade a scientist can receive.
  • Our annual Cancer Facts and Figures publications present the most current trends in cancer occurrence, survival, prevention, early detection, and treatment.
  • We spent an estimated $144 million on cancer research and health professional training last year, and more than $4 billion since 1946.

Fight Back

  • The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network encourages lawmakers to make cancer a top national priority; almost 50% of the US is covered by smoke-freelaws
  • Relay For Life, the world's largest movement to end cancer, unites more than 4 million people in 6,000 communities across 24 countries including the US.
  • In 2014, our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks turned awareness into action by engaging more than 1 million people to raise more than $60 million

Here’s How the American Cancer Society Spent the Donation Money

Overall, 74% of the American Cancer Society resources go to cancer research, patient support, prevention information and education, and detection and treatment. The remaining 26% of resources are spent on management compensation and general infrastructure, and fundraising expenses.

Resources allocated to Program Services include:
• $144 million spent on Cancer Research
• $276 million spent on Patient Support
• $117 million spent on Prevention Information/Education
• $95 million spent on Detection and Treatment

Resources allocated to Supporting Services include:
• $49 million spent on Management and General Expenses
• $177 million spent on Fundraising Expenses

Here’s Where The Money Came From

95% of our donors were people like you via special events, personal and corporate gifts and bequests.
4% of our support came from investment income, and 1% came from grants and contracts from government agencies.

Support the American Cancer Society

Over 100 years ago, we began the fight of a lifetime. Today, you can help us finish the fight. When you support the American Cancer Society, you join millions of others who are committed to the fight to end cancer. You help save lives in your community and around the world. Thank you for supporting these lifesaving efforts that get us closer to a world with less cancer.




Donate Online or by Phone


or call (800) 883-2109